Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Small Business hotspot - Weepals




Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am a stay at home mum with an 18 month old little girl. My husband and I own 2 businesses that we run from home. We live on the North Shore, Auckland (Weepals and Albany Auto Air).

How did the idea for your business come about?
Weepals were purchased from people we knew, he came up with the idea and we have expanded the business.



Apart from designing things, what do you do?
I help run our other business, look after our daughter, I do volunteer work for our local Plunket, and I love to scrapbook and also cross stitch.

Where does your inspiration come from?
My daughter. I was lucky enough to recently design our latest Weepals sticker (with some help from our graphic designer and have no experience with design work!) which is for girls. I love being at home with her, and my inspiration has come from her smile and cuddles each day.



Who has been most influential in your business?
I think other small business owners help me a lot within our businesses, we have close friends who own their own business and we use them to run idea’s past, ask for advice and support.

When did you know that your venture would be a success?
They day we brought both of our businesses!! With Weepals we know we have a great product and concept and our stickers are well known and sold worldwide.

What possession do you most cherish?
My bracelet that was given when I was born from my grandfather, I still wear it to this day!! Also my engagement, wedding and eternity ring I have, as they family rings that have been passed down through my husband’s family over many years.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see us in 5 years with another baby, still having our businesses and would have watched them grown from small businesses into medium sized business and owning a small farm with cows and sheep on it.



Whats the best advice you have received to date that you would like to share with others?
If you are unsure ask for help. If that helps comes from friends or family or from professional bodies. Also invest money in a great accountant that understands your business and can work with you to grow your business.



Show your support:

No comments:

Post a Comment